To that we say, “To each their own.” However, there are a few basics we recommend to prepare the perfect steak.
- Preheat your grill or stovetop grill pan to high heat.
- While the grill or pan is heating up, take your steak out of the refrigerator and let it come to room temperature for about 15-30 minutes. This will help the steak cook more evenly.
- Season your steak with a generous pinch of salt and pepper on both sides. You’ll be able to smell and taste the difference with that alone, but you can also add other seasonings of your choice, such as garlic powder, paprika, or Italian herbs. (A splash of Worcestershire sauce never hurts either.)
- Place the steak on the grill or pan and cook for about 4-5 minutes on each side for medium-rare or until the temperature reaches 145°F for medium-rare.
- Once the steak is cooked, remove it from the grill or pan and let it rest for about 5-10 minutes. This will allow the juices to redistribute throughout the steak, making it more tender and flavorful.
Pair this steak with roasted veggies and mashed potatoes, and you've got the perfect meal. The aroma of cooking grass finished beef is an experience all it own, we can’t wait for you to taste it!!